Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Apple Crisp!

Dessert is always tough when you eat Paleo, as I usually crave ice cream and baked goods.  I decided to make an "Apple Crisp" that would hopefully keep my sweet-tooth under control.

Ingredients:
2 cups Almond Flour
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
Halved Pecans
5 Apples or Peaches
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Cloves

Apples/Peaches:  Peel and cut into small slices and layer in a baking dish.
Mix the coconut oil and 2 cups of almond flour together, and season with your spices. (Will look like a paste)
Cover the apples with cinnamon, and then layer on the "dough."  Top with a little more cinnamon and the pecans.

Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes (until you see bubbling in the pan)

I have made this with apples and peaches, but I bet any fruit would be delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment